On this page you will find resources for teachers, careers advisors and youth theatre practitioners who want to educate and advise their students about a career within the theatre industry.
Make lesson planning and learning from home easy with these free digital theatre resources that drama teachers and parents can use to teach in the classroom, or adapt for teaching online, remotely and from home.
These resources will be updated frequently with helpful tips, information and workshop plans which will help your students and inform them about the different career paths there are within the theatre industry, both on and off stage.
Click the link to download the resource
Are your students interested in a career in the Theatre? Then invite a Theatre Ambassador into school!
Inspiring the Future of Theatre
Inspiring the Future is a free platform which connects schools and colleges with in-person and virtual volunteers across a huge range of job levels and sectors through a self-service portal. Inspiring the Future are working together with Society of London Theatre (SOLT) and UK Theatre recruit volunteer Ambassadors working in the Theatre industry to go into schools and showcase the range of careers available in theatre to young people and encouraging and strengthening connections between schools and theatres.
Register here to join the thousands of teachers in the network and get access to:
- A diverse range of volunteers from different jobs, sectors and career routes that can be invited via the self-service portal to visit your school or college and speak with your students.
- Free resources designed to help you plan different activities and meet Gatsby Benchmarks, including pre-recorded resourceswith accompanying activities to land the learning.
- Campaigns and projects focused on particular sectors or areas of need that you can take part in.
- Special employer-led projects that take place throughout the year – including employer-hosted events and in-school workshops.
- Bespoke support from the Inspiring the Future team to help you to use the system and start planning your encounters. Get in touch to plan your encounter on the phone with us.