Acting Access Programme
Want to train at one of the UK’s leading drama schools? Feel like this might be financially out of reach? Open Door helps talented young people aged 18-30 who do not have the financial support or resources to gain a place at one of the UK’s leading drama schools.
We are incredibly passionate about supporting aspiring actors who are serious about pursuing a career in acting and are looking to apply for a B.A (hons) Acting degree. Through our Acting Access Programme, as well as covering expenses, we work to develop skills and build confidence in our participants to apply to one of our current partner drama schools Guildhall School of Music and Drama, RADA, Royal Welsh College of Music, and The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland.
The Open Door Acting Access Programme provides participants with:
- Free auditions at our partner schools, including : Guildhall School of Music and Drama, RADA, Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama, and The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Travel expenses to all auditions
- Free theatre tickets throughout the programme for theatres such as Royal Court, Donmar Warehouse, Nottingham Playhouse, National Theatre, Curve Theatre and more!
- A series of 11 creative workshops
- Fifteen hours of one-to-one acting tutoring
- Access to our hardship fund to cover any expenses relating to being part of Open Door or your audition process
- All UCAS and UCAS Conservatoire fees paid for
- Pastoral support and mentoring from the Open Door team
To apply to our Acting Access Programme, you must currently meet the following criteria:
- Be based in the Midlands, Essex, Sheffield, London and the South East
- Have an annual family household income of £33,000 or less OR £40,000 or less with mitigating circumstances (caregivers, care leavers, are over 18 and receiving Disability Living Allowance, Jobseekers Allowance or a Carers Allowance)
- Be aged 18-30
- Not currently hold a degree
- Have a commitment to acting as a career goal
- Intend to apply for a full time BA Hons Acting degree for the academic year 2023/2023
- Be a UK citizen or have lived in the UK long enough to be eligible for UK student finance