Practise and develop your acting skills by rehearsing in depth scenes from contemporary plays or a whole short play. These will be performed in the college's John Lyons Theatre to an invited audience at the end of the course. This course is suitable for students who have completed a broad range of our acting courses at beginners and improvers level or who have gained suitable experience elsewhere.
What is the course about?
This course provides an opportunity to deepen and expand your acting skills by working to performance standard. You will have the opportunity to identify and cultivate your individual strengths and improve your weaknesses, to build confidence and challenge yourself in scenes and acting exercises.
What will we cover?
• Practical text analysis
• Character work and development
• Exploratory improvisations
• Detailed scene rehearsal
• Performance to an invited audience at the end of term.
Please note that acting classes by their very nature can involve exercises and the exploration of material that some students may find challenging.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to...
• Effectively explore and analyse text
• Apply this textual analysis in practical work
• Build and sustain a given character
• Rehearse with rigour and depth
• Perform scene(s) with confidence.