Acting: Audition Preparation (16+) Summer School
This intensive five-day in-person summer school is designed for adults aged 16+ who wish to learn more about the acting audition process and increase their experience and confidence for future auditions.
In this highly competitive industry, auditioning for courses and castings can be a daunting prospect, particularly when doing it for the first time. This summer school aims to equip students with the skills and techniques to improve audition performance.
This short course may also be useful for those who wish to audition for vocational acting training, or those working in the industry who will be attending professional auditions.
This course will benefit people who are considering auditioning for vocational acting courses or for actors who wish to improve their performance technique and confidence when attending professional auditions.
By the end of the summer school students should have:
- Gained an overview of audition and interview processes
- Developed technical and creative performance skills including specialist voice work
- Explored how to successfully select and prepare pieces for audition
- Deepened understanding of texts which they have selected and prepared
- Received advice on self tapes for audition
- Taken part in a mock audition in front of a panel and received individual feedback