Flys and Technical Theatre Engineering Apprenticeship
Have you ever wondered how things work backstage? Are you practical? Good at problem-solving? Do you enjoy using computers? Then a backstage career could be for you…
The ROH stages over 500 performances a year and our backstage teams are some of the best theatre technicians in the world. We want to give everyone the opportunity to get involved in this creative, exciting and growing industry and we think apprenticeships are great way to get started. An apprenticeship gives you the practical skills and knowledge that will underpin your professional development, as well as a recognised industry qualification.
What our apprentices say:
“It has taught me invaluable on-the-job experience that textbook learning cannot provide. I have also met lots of people from the wider industry who will be helpful contacts for my future career.”
This year our Technical Department will offer a Flys and Technical Theatre Apprenticeship on a Fixed-term contract for 3 years (September 2019 – August 2022), Full-time (average of 48 hours per week) based at the ROH in Covent Garden. This will include study at Uxbridge College to work towards a Level 3 Engineering Maintenance Apprenticeship Framework.
Will I be paid?
Yes! £20,492 per year, which is £394 per week before tax, rising 2.5% after successfully completing the first year. College fees will also be paid by the Royal Opera House.
Am I eligible?
1. You must be 18 years old or over on 3rd September 2019,
2. You must have a minimum of Grade C (Grade 4) in GCSE Maths and English
3. You must not have completed a university degree or equivalent level qualification
4. You must have work authorisation for the UK.
How to apply:
Go to our website www.roh.org.uk/apprenticeships, where you can read more about the apprenticeship scheme and apply online. If you have any questions or need any help contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 8.00am, Monday 3rd June 2019
Practical assessments and tour of ROH: Friday 7th June 2019
Interviews: Thursday 13th June 2019
• You must not have completed a degree or equivalent level qualification in the UK or elsewhere.
• You must have achieved a minimum of Grade C (Grade 4) in GCSE Maths and English
• You must have work authorisation for the UK.