The development traineeship is a great opportunity to learn about the theatre industry by working as part of the fundraising team at the Donmar. Applications are now open! The Donmar Warehouse is a 251-seat, not-for-profit theatre in Covent Garden, led by Artistic Director Michael Longhurst and Executive Director Henny Finch. They have won more than 100 awards in their 29-year history.
CATALYST supports the development of talent both on and offstage which is underrepresented both at the Donmar and in the wider industry. Through this talent development programme, they create bespoke experiences for roles/individuals within the organisation, welcoming a range of voices and skills to the Donmar.
This post will gain an overview of the fundraising landscape in the arts sector and an understanding of the different strands of the development team’s income: from individuals, corporates and trusts and foundations.
While the role covers all aspects of fundraising, a significant part of the role will see you work closely with the development events producer to deliver the events programme for Donmar supporters. These events offer Donmar's supporters a deeper insight into the work on stage and provide the team the opportunity to spend valuable time with donors to continue to build their relationship with them.
Through this experience, you will learn key skills in event management as well as administration, report writing and research of prospective supporters.
What you’ll be doing:
- Supporting the delivery of all development events
- Preparing invite lists, invitations, guest lists and guest notes, researching guests where appropriate
- Managing RSVPs and updating the database with relevant attendance information
- Liaising with event venues and third parties as well as actors, creatives and production staff attending Donmar events
- Organising event briefings and post event debriefs
- Supporting with administration of development operations
- Carrying out and recording research of prospective supporters across different fundraising streams
- Keeping the database up to date with the latest information
- Booking tickets for Donmar supporters
- Attending Donmar events on a regular basis, including evenings
Salary: £24,856 per annum
This opportunity is only open to individuals from a group that is under-represented in the creative industries. This includes, but is not limited to Black, Asian and ethnically diverse candidates, disabled people, and individuals from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.
No previous experience of working in theatre is required.