Directing - An Introduction
You will be introduced to theoretical knowledge and essential practical skills needed for a career as a theatre director.
Through practical workshops, working with other short course students (e.g. Acting - Working with Text and/or Acting - Shakespeare), group sharing and critiquing you will explore:
• how the actor’s process works
• ways to realise text in performance
• critical analysis of the work of other directors
• developing, planning and delivering your own directing exercise.
• work with actors from other short courses on an extended project based on a play (recent plays include Pinter’s 'Betrayal', Rachel Cusk’s 'Medea').
The minimum age is 18 on the first day of the course. There is no upper age limit.
Who is this course suitable for?
• Everyone regardless of prior experience or training
• People who are new to directing
• Actors who are interested in moving into directing
• Other theatre practitioners who are interested in learning more about the role of the director