Applications for Front Line are open now
Front Line gives 16–25 year olds the opportunity to discover more about careers in theatre and develop key transferable skills through paid placements with our Front Of House team.
Participants will watch one of our productions, shadow various members of staff and take on important roles welcoming patrons to our theatre.
By taking part in Front Line, you will gain paid on-the-job experience in the following areas:
1. Box Office: welcome customers, prepare tickets for collection and see how tickets are booked
2. Join our friendly team of ushers and ensure that all customers are looked after during their visit
3. Front of house management: shadow a Duty Manager and learn what goes into running front of house during a show or event
4. Learn from our team of baristas in our cafe: serving up Workshop Coffee, unique drinks and a selection of pastries and snacks.
The programme will culminate in a CV workshop exploring the skills you have developed and how to apply them to your next steps
We are recruiting 12 participants for paid work experience on the two upcoming shows at The Old Vic, Eureka Day and A Christmas Carol. If successful in your application, you will work on one of the shows so please make sure you have good availability for the show you wish to work on.
Front Line: Eureka Day
Induction workshop: Mon 26 Sep
Four shifts between: Mon 3 Oct–Sat 15 Oct
Next Steps workshop: Mon 17 Oct
Front Line: A Christmas Carol
Induction workshop: Mon 21 Nov
Four shifts between: Mon 28 Nov–Sat 10 Dec
Next Steps Workshop: Mon 12 Dec
To apply complete an online application form on our website: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/TTMRDFR
All participants under the age of 18 must have the consent of a parent or guardian.
Applications close at 5pm on Mon 15 Aug.
- This programme is designed for students or young people aged 16–25 looking to explore a career in theatre or hospitality.
- All participants under the age of 18 must have the consent of a parent or guardian.
- We particularly welcome applications from anyone not in education, employment or training
- Please note you cannot apply if you have already taken part in Front Line.
- We will work with each successful applicant to create a work schedule, but you must have good availability for the show you wish to work on, for example no holidays booked from 26 Sep–17 Oct (Eureka Day ), 21 Nov–12 Dec (A Christmas Carol).