Introduction to Finance (Winter)
Learn how to better manage financial processes within performing arts organisations
Would you like to learn more about finance, how to plan a budget, or simply understand financial processes better? This practical course will cover key issues in financial management and budgeting.
This course is designed as an introduction to finance and will provide you with an understanding of financial information, its relevance and how to use it effectively when making decisions. It will give more confidence to those people who have little or no financial experience.
At the end of the course you will:
- Understand the financial language of business and recognise the importance of planning, control and decision making
- Know how to prepare a simple budget and better understand financial information
- Gain a better understanding of how your budgets fit into a wider organisational structure
- Feel confident to talk about budgets and understand financial jargon
- Gain a basic understanding of VAT, PAYE and NI
- Those new to finance or whose role includes some financial responsibility
- Those working with budgets from assistant to management levels
- Those with some experience of the subject or those looking to refresh their existing skills
This is a hybrid course. The trainer will be attending in-person at Rose Street. There are a number of tickets available to attend in-person and a number of live online places available for those who can't attend in-person.
EARLYBIRD - UK Theatre & SOLT Members can book before 4th November 2022*
*UK Theatre reserve the right to close Earlybird bookings early depending on capacity and demand