Introduction to Unarmed Dramatic Combat with Bethan Clark
This 3 hour introductory workshop will introduce and explore the basic principles and techniques that create safe, repeatable and convincing unarmed combat for stage and screen. The session will culminate in a short, choreographed fight performance with a partner.
The workshop will explore:
- Collaboration and consent in dramatic combat
- How to sell a convincing attack.
- How to construct believable reactions.
- How to combine clear intention with physical action.
- How to work with a partner to tell a convincing physical story.
At Wildcard we believe everyone should have the chance to be creative. We want all our courses to be as open and inclusive as possible to anyone that wants to take part. We are aware that the cost of workshops and regular training is a key barrier in our industry for many people.
With this in mind, we are pleased to be able to offer 2 free places on each course.