Learning & Participation Internship
Want to help Vamos Theatre share the power of non-verbal mask theatre with a wide range of people and communities? Don't miss this unique opportunity to join them as their learning and participation intern.
Vamos Theatre is the UK's leading full mask theatre company, taking its funny and fearless brand of wordless theatre across the length and breadth of the country and beyond since 2006. Their mission is to transform lives through the power and connection of mask theatre based on real life stories which encourages awareness of shared human experiences. They aim to change the way people see the world by giving a voice to those who are often without one. Through research, collaboration & partnership working with all walks of life, they tell socially relevant stories in the form of engaging, entertaining, high quality live theatre.
The learning & participation (L&P) intern will assist the creative producer in the day-to-day running of Vamos Theatre’s exciting and evolving learning and participation programmes, which are designed to share the transformational power of mask theatre with all.
What you will learn
- Assist in administrating aspects of their learning & participation (L&P) offer, including workshops, their Mask Library and mask.ED digital learning programme
- Assist in project management including bookings, scheduling and reporting/evaluation
- Assist in the delivery of aspects of their L&P offer including school/community workshops and residencies, Arts in Health delivery, their programmes for people with learning disabilities and other events
- Assist in the production of L&P digital assets and marketing of the programme
- Assist in strengthening the evaluation of their L&P work into a refined and robust system
- Line managed by the creative producer and mentored by them and the artistic director, you will also have chance to learn from and assist other members of the team as appropriate, giving you the opportunity to gain an insight into the work of other departments work (production, marketing, producing, fundraising)
This internship is only open to candidates from Black, Asian and ethnically diverse backgrounds.
Years of experience: