Life In A Northern Town
A free playwriting development opportunity for 18 – 27 year olds in the North
Are you aged 18 – 27 and living in the North of England? Want to try writing for the stage?
Life In A Northern Town is a partnership between Northern Broadsides, Barnsley Civic, The Customs House and Blackpool Grand Theatre, and is supported by Arts Council England.
We are passionate about two things: stories and the North. We believe that the future of theatre starts with new voices – and we want to hear yours. We’d love to hear from a diverse range of people; from anyone who has ever thought about writing a play.
If you are selected to be part of the cohort, you’ll get:
- The time and space to develop your own short play
- A mix of online and in-person creative writing workshops led by professional playwrights
- An in-person residency from the 5th to 7th of April 2024, with the opportunity to share your work with peers
- The chance to see your play come to life, performed by professional actors
- This new programme supports the creativity of young people across four corners of the North, develops work by new artists, and provides a ladder into the theatre industry for upcoming talent.