Mixed Repertoire Singing - Level 2
City Academy’s Mixed Repertoire Singing Lessons - Level 2 are aimed at students who wish to build upon previous singing training and/or experience. The course will focus on solidifying technique, widening repertoire knowledge across a number of genres and developing tone, range and vocal style.
Our classes are taught in a fun and supportive environment and most of the time you will be singing in a group, although occasionally you will have the opportunity to sing on your own to check your progress.
WHAT WILL BE TAUGHT ON MIXED REPERTOIRE SINGING LESSONS - LEVEL 2?
The course will cover a range of carefully selected material to ensure it is challenging, varied, and above all, enjoyable.
Course content will include:
- Application of a range of vocal techniques and approaches to further develop range and improve tone.
- Developing your ability to sing in harmony within an ensemble
- Opportunities to sing solo pieces throughout the course, where students are encouraged to sing solo within the ensemble songs
- Exploring a wide range of songs and performing a broad repertoire including Pop, Jazz, Folk and Musical Theatre.
- Final informal sharing within class in which students will have the opportunity to share what they have learnt.
Students will typically learn 3-6 songs during the course and will receive friendly feedback from your tutor throughout the course.