Moving Into Management
If you are new to management and want to learn how to build the skills and confidence you need to successfully lead the people you now manage, then this is the course for you.
This course is suitable for
• Anyone who finds themselves with line-management responsibility, whether through promotion within their organisation or in a new job role
• Anyone who wants to gather practical management tools that they can put to use as soon as they return to the workplace
This two day course is a basic introduction to the skills required to be a manager and how to acquire them. It is an interactive and participative learning experience and a good first-step in your career development. The key topics covered are:
• What is management?
• Management styles
• Your own, personal working style
• Managing yourself and others
• Objective setting
• Giving and receiving feedback
• What next?
At the end of this course you will:
• Understand more about your personal management style, so you can become a better communicator, manager and leader
• Assess where your strengths lie and identify areas for improvement
• Be able to identify and appreciate what other team members bring to the organisational party
• Know how to assess your team’s effectiveness and how to set objectives
The tutor for this is Ruth Eastwood. She is Chief Executive of the Grand Theatre, Blackpool. She has worked in touring, producing and presenting theatre, has run multi-artform venues and has delivered arts programmes internationally. As an experienced Chief Executive and qualified Chartered Director of the IoD, she brings a strong business mind to all projects; as a licensed and accredited team development specialist, she brings extensive experience of successfully dealing with the human impact of managing change.
£295+VAT For Non-Members. £255+VAT For Members