Musical Theatre - Improvers
If you enjoyed the West End flavour of our Musical Theatre - Beginners course, our Musical Theatre Classes - Improvers follow the same structure as beginners but working on more challenging routines, while consolidating and building upon your basic skills. So that you don’t feel out of your depth, we ask that you do have some previous experience before you do the Musical Theatre - Improvers course – ideally you will have completed a City Academy Musical Theatre - Beginners course (or equivalent) or a singing or dance programme.
MUSICAL THEATRE CLASSES - IMPROVERS CONTENT
To give you a broad understanding of the genre, numbers will be chosen from all eras and styles - from Matilda to Little Shop of Horrors via Wicked - as well as from lesser-known musicals:
- Vocal and physical warm ups designed to improve Musical Theatre technique
- Deepen knowledge of how to integrate singing, dancing and acting
- Solo Masterclasses - focusing on Acting Through Song
- Intense learning of material for the showcase - repertoire has includes 'Little Shop of Horrors’, ‘Once’ Matilda’ and 'Wicked’ although this may be subject to change depending on the requirements of each group.
- Materials covered on the musical theatre lesson will be available to access online to practise to at home
- Rehearse and hone the material before informal showcase to friends and family in the final session