Develop musical theatre skills with RADA’s faculty over an intensive and rigorous six days of singing, dance and acting.
RADA is renowned for the quality of its singing and dance teaching, with dedicated staff working at the core of the full-time training who have taught actor/singers such as Jamael Westman, Jessie Buckley, Cynthia Erivo and Taron Egerton.
This course concludes with a presentation, to which you can invite friends and family. Tailored to each individual student, the course is suitable for enthusiastic amateur actors as well as professionals who wish to sharpen their skills.
Part of our Text & Craft series of courses.
Student numbers for the course are kept deliberately small in order to give you the benefit of working one-to-one with our expert teachers and enabling us to tailor the course to the individual student. Detailed feedback will be a very important element of all the teaching.
Throughout the course you will be given guidance on technique, casting and on developing your personal audition repertoire.
The course is not a casual undertaking: total commitment to punctuality, discipline and preparation is required from every student.
Who is this course suitable for?
- Those have some experience of performance
- Performers who wish to explore integration of singing, dance and acting
- Professionals wishing to polish their musical theatre skills
- 18+. Students below the age of 18 are not normally accepted. There is no upper age limit.
- Entrance is by written application and submission of a recorded audition.
- Students should have some experience of performance, and be prepared to present material in front of other students. Fluent, confident knowledge of the English language is essential.
- Selection of students is by the Course Director, and we require applicants to submit a DVD or internet link of their work.
- If, for any reason, the Course Director feels that you have not enough experience, you will not be accepted onto the course.