Nationwide Young Technicians
Are you interested in lighting, sound, video and automation? Are you aged between 13–19? Then our technical theatre workshops could be for you! The Nationwide Young Technicians offers an exciting opportunity to develop your skills and learn all about a variety of backstage and off-stage roles from top industry professionals.
This FREE course will take place in two parts:
- The first part of the course will be online on Tuesday evenings from 5-7pm, running from Tuesday 17 January to Tuesday 21 March. In these workshops you’ll be introduced to the basics of technical theatre including lighting, sound and stages, through demonstrations and practical activities.
- After the online course, there will be the opportunity to continue developing your practical skills and knowledge by participating in in-person workshops created, led and facilitated by our partner organisations HOME Manchester and Nottingham Playhouse.
To apply and take part in this opportunity, you must live within Greater Manchester or the East Midlands.
We are furthering our commitment to diversity and access by concentrating recruitment in these areas that we recognise are currently underrepresented in the field of technical theatre:
- Young people who identify as Female, Trans and/ or Non-binary
- Young people from the Global majority
- Young people from working class backgrounds
- Young people who identify as D/deaf or disabled.
The deadline for applying to the Nationwide Young Technicians 2023 programme is Monday 5 December 2022.