New Programmers Scheme
Are you an aspiring Artistic Director or Programmer? Apply now to CPT's very first New Programmers Scheme! CPT is inviting applications to its new, year-round New Programmers Scheme – an opportunity to see shows, learn about programming and curation, and plug in for twelve months to the heart of CPT’s artistic operation.
What’s in it for you
- Hands-on experience in programming – by watching shows for free and attending press / VIP nights
- The chance to develop your skills in discussing and writing critically about theatre
- A series of skills workshops in e.g. programming, producing, marketing
- The opportunity to collaboratively programme a week of work at CPT
- A network of other programmers – and the CPT family!
Participants on CPT’s New Programmers Scheme will see shows on our behalf, write reports, and attend regular meetings with our programming team. We want to cast the net as widely as possible to find the best new work for us to support and stage. We also want to hear from you about artists and projects you find exciting and want to see on our stage.
In return, we offer training and insight into programme assembly and curation at one of the UK’s most excited and socially engaged theatres. This will include the opportunity to collectively programme a week of performance at CPT at the end of your year on the scheme.
Who we’re looking for:
- People with an interest in new work and an eye for innovative theatre – particularly about issues that matter to people right now
- People from a range of experiences and backgrounds. CPT particularly welcomes and encourages applications from individuals without formal education and/or who identify as:
-- Working class
-- Global majority* and/or migrant
*This includes people of Black Caribbean, Black African, South Asian, East Asian, South East Asian, Middle Eastern, Arab, Latinx, Jewish, Romany and Irish Traveller heritage.