Production Management in the Creative Process with Ben Pugh
Calling all early-career production managers, producers, stage managers and lead artists working in the live arts and performance sectors! Join us for Production Management in the Creative Process – a new two-part training series designed to enhance your production management skills.
Production Management in the Creative Process is a 2-day training series led by expert Production Manager, Ben Pugh. It is designed for people with some experience in making creative events, and who are looking to sharpen up their skills.
You can apply to attend either one or both of these days – whatever feels most appropriate to you and your work. The structure, format and learning for both days will be the same, but each day will focus on a different type of creative event.
Both training days will be built around practical ‘case studies’ inspired by real-life projects that Ben has worked on, so everything we talk about will be relevant, useful and based on real hands-on experience.
The sessions will look at:
- How to look at a script, or think about a creative idea; and unpick it to understand the production management and technical requirements to make it happen
- The team and skills you’ll need around you to bring your ideas to life
- Timescales, decisions, and what needs to happen when
Applications close once places are full.
As with all our development programmes, we have bursaries and access funds available to make these opportunities as accessible to as many people as possible.
We think these training days will be useful for people who already have some experience in making creative events happen, and are looking to take the next step in terms of the scale of how their work is made, such as working with bigger teams or making bigger events.
The types of creatives who will benefit from this training include:
- Stage managers
- Lead artists on creative events and productions
- Newer production managers
- You are aged 18 or over
- You are living or making work in Bradford
- You have some experience in delivering stage productions or creative events