Protecting Yourself in The Arts Industry (Online with Gift Ajimokun)
As a Queer Black Neurodiverse woman, I know how difficult it can be to advocate for yourself and put yourself first.
I want to share my first-hand experience and the lessons I’ve learnt with you. In the creative industry, the biggest asset you have is yourself and your creative mind and so you need to protect it at all costs. This industry can squeeze the life out of you and discard you and I want to make sure that will not happen.
Things we will cover:
• How can you legally protect yourself and the work you create?
• How to advocate for your access needs
• How to deal with micro and macroaggression towards you and your work
• Constructive feedback – who should you actually take advice from?
• Self-care in the creative industry
• When everything feels monetizable, how do you create space for your practice.
When: Friday 22nd October
Time: 6.30 – 8.30pm
At Wildcard we believe everyone should have the chance to be creative. We want all our courses to be as open and inclusive as possible to anyone that wants to take part. We are aware that the cost of workshops and regular training is a key barrier in our industry for many people.
With this in mind, we are pleased to be able to offer 2 free places on each course.