Room 204 Writer Development Programme
Room 204 is Writing West Midlands’ writer development programme. Every year we select a small number of emerging writers from the West Midlands to work with us on a programme of creative writing career development.
Room 204 has been running yearly since 2012 and to date, 160 writers have joined the programme and seen their writing careers take off as direct result of being part of Room 204.
This is your chance to secure mentoring and career development worth over £1,000.
The successful candidates will receive a year of support including:
- 1-1 meetings, 2 times a year, with experienced Writing West Midlands staff.
- A year’s membership to the Society of Authors
- Access to a “writer buddying” scheme.
- Group networking and career development sessions.
- Occasional workshops on particular themes such as pitching, fundraising, time management or digital writing.
- Tailored signposting and brokering via Writing West Midlands towards performance and development opportunities, potential collaborators, bursaries, courses and events that might benefit the individual writer.
- Access to a private information-sharing and support group on Facebook.
- A free place at the National Writers’ Conference in 2023, run by Writing West Midlands.
- Ongoing support as a member of Room 204 beyond the 1st year.
Applications for 2023 are now open. The deadline for applications is Thursday 2 February 2023 at 12noon.