Scenic Carpentry and Metalwork - Work Experience
Technical Production - Scenic Carpentry and Metalwork
Our teams of highly-skilled carpenters and metalworkers make and refurbish the majority of the sets for the Royal Opera House and the Birmingham Royal Ballet.
Work experience placements are available in the following areas:
- Scenic Metalwork (2 weeks)
- Scenic Carpentry (2 weeks)
- Combined Scenic Carpentry and Metalwork (2 weeks total, spending a week in each area)
Please indicate your preference in your application.
You will gain an insight into our professional environments through assisting as part of the team in the workshop, making sets for opera and ballet. Tasks may include various bench/joinery skills and specific projects may be offered to reflect the needs of individuals where possible.
As noted in the FAQs, you may only undertake one placement. For Scenic Art at the Bob and Tamar Manoukian Production Workshop please apply separately through the dedicated application for that area.
To be agreed with successful applicants
8:00am - 4:15pm, Monday to Friday
The Bob and Tamar Manoukian Production Workshop, High House Production Park, Purfleet, Essex
Minimum entry requirements
- Aged 18+
- An interest in pursuing a career in carpentry/metalwork
- A basic knowledge of materials, tools and techniques
- A communicative team player
- Physically capable of undertaking the requirements of the placement
- Demonstrable workshop and machinery health and safety training
Ongoing (apply now)