Writing For Film Course
Our Writing for Film courses explores the fundamentals of screenwriting from first idea to final draft. You will learn how to approach story, develop characters and dialogue, and to structure your ideas into a fully-fledged screenplay. Using film clips and practical writing exercises, the course also includes advice about next steps from writing treatments to pitching your work. For film buffs serious about screen writing, this crash course is essential. If you are new to writing please start by completing our Script Writing Beginners course.
WRITING FOR FILM COURSES CONTENT
- How to tell a story cinematically
- Exploring ways to build your narrative with structural analysis
- Comprehensive story breakdown using clips from existing films
- Developing your characters, dialogue and subtext
- Script doctoring for existing story ideas
- Formatting your screenplay and approaches to supporting material.