SPARK 2024 Artist Call Out
Are you an early career, emerging artist? Do you want to explore a completely new idea or art form? Is it your first time performing or are you new to the arts but have never had the opportunity to take it to the next step?
SPARK is a festival of exciting new performances presented by early career artists at Tobacco Factory Theatres. Produced by the emerging producers of TFT’s BLUEPRINT programme; this year’s theme for SPARK is ‘Protest of the Everyday.’
All programmed acts will receive:
- £50 performance fee
- A performance slot within Tobacco Factory Theatres in a well attended event (138 audience in 2023, not including performers)
- Technical support from Tobacco Factory Theatres during your performance.
- All acts will have an hour with an experienced theatre maker to develop the work in any way that feels useful.
- All acts will all be filmed (whether live or at tech rehearsal) with copies available to the artists.
- All acts will get feedback from the SPARK audience.
- Travel (within Bristol) and a hot meal will be covered on the day of the event.
- A 1 hour technical rehearsal in your performance space on the day of SPARK.
We’re keen to hear from emerging artists with ideas that relate to the theme of ‘Protest of the Everyday’ that would sit well alongside other new work in a night of experimental expression and feedback.
If you’re part of an established company or have applied for programmes such as PROTOTYPE, this opportunity might not be for you as you may be more experienced than the artists we are hoping to programme for SPARK.
This opportunity is for Bristol based artists only.