Stage Experience - Bring It On
Stage Experience is The Alexandra’s annual youth theatre production. It is open to anyone aged 9 - 24 who can commit two weeks of their summer holiday to putting on a musical.
You will work alongside our industry professional Director, Choreographer and Musical Director to mount a full-scale production of Bring It On in just two weeks! It is a unique opportunity to make new friends, hone your skills in a fast-paced theatre environment and ultimately, experience what it is like to take part in a large-scale production on a par with West End/touring musicals.
The fortnight culminates in 4 fully-staged performances complete with our professional orchestra, set, lighting, sound and costumes at The Alexandra, Birmingham.
Our stage experience will engage, accommodate and empower people of all abilities, ages, genders, races and socio-economic backgrounds and we actively welcome applicants from the global majority as well as the D/deaf and disabled communities.
Stage Experience runs from Fri 4 – Sat 19 August 2023
Performances Thu 17 – Sat 19 August, Thu – Sat 7.30pm and Sat 2.30pm
- You must be aged 9-24 on 4 August 2023
- You must be available to audition on Sunday 30 April 2023
- You must be available to attend a recall on Monday 1 May 2023 if requested, in order to be considered for a leading role
- You must be prepared to sing, dance and act at your audition in front of the panel and other people auditioning
Technical Interview Criteria:
- You must be aged 16-24 on the 4 August 2023
- You must be able to attend the interview session on Sunday 30 April 2023 at 10.30am
- Interviews will be in a group and will take no more than 2 hours
Criteria for all Participants
- You must be available for all dates between Fri 4 – Sat 19 August 2023 (no exceptions)
- You must be able to get yourself to and from The Alexandra for all rehearsals and performances