Stage Production Summer School
This two week long in-person summer school gives student first hand experience of working within the production team on a theatrical production. This practical course that gives students first hand experience of working within the different production specialisms, including lighting, sound and stage management. This course is led by the Production Technology and Management BA degree staff at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland.
You will work alongside the Musical Theatre: Live Production summer school and help stage produce the final performance.
By the end of the course you will have:
- Developed an awareness of the production process from initial design through to striking the set
- Worked with experienced industry professionals to develop and expand specialist skills
- Gained a greater insight into how management and technology functions within the context of the performing arts
- Learned how lighting and sound design works within the context of the performing arts
- Participated in a collaborative practical project culminating in a presentation
This course will be a fun, supportive and challenging environment in which all students, from beginners to advanced, can explore and learn.
Dates: 11 July 2022 - 22 July 2022
For ages: 13 - 17