Summer Academy: Performance 2022
Build your confidence and skills, work with industry professionals and experience a taste of conservatoire education at our Summer Academy.
Join us at our summer school for students who are about to enter Year 13 giving them the opportunity to attend classes and workshops at Leeds Conservatoire. This performance strand will support a wide range of musical interests including classical, jazz, and popular music (if you have interests in studying other genres please get in touch via email). Students will experience a range of workshops introducing them to the skills needed for the new digital music industry, composition, theory, ensemble and solo performance, and how to prepare for higher education applications and auditions. The summer school will culminate in a showcase for family and friends.
As well as ensemble and solo performance sessions, students will also receive Industry Insight workshops increasing their knowledge in:
- Developing skills needed for the music industry
- Adapt to the new evolving world of performances
- Investigate the varied streams of income for musicians in the digital age
- Hone networking skills and build contacts with like-minded musicians
- Prepare for higher education applications and auditions
We want to ensure that no one turns down a place on the Summer Academy due to the cost.We have a bursary fund that supports students and their families dependent on their situation.
Bursary levels for 2022:
- For families with a total household taxable income below £25,000, we have 5 x fully funded places covering tuition fees, accommodation and travel costs (within the UK) available.
- For families with a total household taxable income between £25,000 - £50,000, we have partial bursaries and scholarships towards tuition fees available.