We are currently recruiting for a Trainee Director to support and assist the Artistic Director, Associate Directors and visiting directors on productions throughout rehearsals and noting the show during the course of the run. The Trainee Director will work closely with the artistic team as a whole to support writers, develop plays and deliver projects.
• Experience as a theatre director – making your own work for a paying audience for a run of at least 1 week.
• Previous experience as an Assistant Director.
• Demonstrable interest and experience in directing new writing and / or developing new work
• Ability to give strong notes and to be observant and constructive when watching rehearsals and performances.
• Ability to run a room – in a rehearsal and / or workshop context - getting the best out of the artists and participants.
• An ability to multi-task and respond reliably to tasks as required by the artistic team.
• An interest in making work in a Community and Young Persons setting.
• A confident communicator, able to be positive and approachable when dealing with a wide range of artists at all levels.
• Highly organized and self-motivated with meticulous attention to detail.
Salary: £24,856 per annum