Voice Fundamentals 2: Voice in Performance
The second of two modular courses aimed at individuals who need to understand the basic principles of voice and its use in performance.
Please note, we would encourage students to apply only if they have completed Voice Fundamentals 1: Good Voice Use or have equivalent previous experience.
• Learn to apply the breath/thought connection to text
• Develop a practical understanding of support for performance
• Develop a practical understanding of breathing, grounding and owning space in performance
• Develop resonance and range to support the expressiveness demanded of performance
• Learn to fill space vocally, physically and imaginatively in performance
• Learn to overcome performance nerves
• Perform text (or a speech where applicable) in a performance space.
You will be expected to continue working on your voice and on the texts in your own time to support your learning.