Greenwich Theatre consists of a 400 seat main theatre and a 50 seat studio space. We have a varied programme of work from small research and development pieces in our studio to sold-out pantomime for 6 weeks at Christmas. We are a small team delivering a great experience for theatre makers, audiences and each-other.
About volunteering at Greenwich Theatre
Our team at Greenwich Theatre is small. We have a core team of 8, a part-time team of 15 and a volunteer team of 50 (this increases over Christmas). Our ushers volunteer for shifts when they are available. On shift you will partake in:
- A pre- & post-shift briefing from the duty manager to cover all information you need and answer any questions.
- Assisting audiences before, during and after performances
- Being our ambassadors, our customer facing team
- Scanning tickets, answering questions, selling ice-creams and programmes
- Making sure that our spaces are clean and presentable
- Assist the duty manager as required. In the case of an incident this can be; helping with lost children, evacuating the building, calling emergency services. Training will be given and volunteers will never deal with these situations solo.
As a registered charity, our volunteer ushers are essential to our to supporting us put on performances. There are many benefits to suit the variety of ushers we get. Here are our TOP TEN
- You become a valued member of the Greenwich Theatre Family
- The opportunity to be involved in the wider Greenwich Community
- You see productions for free
- We run a varied schedule so rarely are 2 weeks are the same
- You get a hot drink or ice-cream when you volunteer
- Experience of working in the arts
- It’s a great way to enhance CVs and we can act as a reference
- You will be invited to special events including; social gatherings, readings, backstage tours (currently unavailable due to covid-19) and season announcements
- 30% discount at the bar
- It’s fun!
You will be:
- Friendly and welcoming
- Interested in supporting the local community/theatre
- Excited to work with the public
- Committed to volunteering for at least 2 shifts per month (many of our team do more than this)
- Reliable and punctual
- Willing to deal with incidents and remain calm while doing so
- You must be over 18 (this is due to health & safety regulations)