Youth Advisory Group
We are looking for people to join our new Youth Advisory Group.
Are you 16 – 21 years old? | Do you have an interest in arts and culture? | Do you want to make a difference to an arts organisation in Bradford? | Do you want to gain valuable experience?
If so, we want to hear from you!
What Are We Looking For:
- Enthusiastic, committed young people aged 16 – 21 who are based in Bradford.
- Young people who want to share their opinions and have their voices heard.
- Young People who are able to commit to at least 1 hour a month for meetings (either in person or online) for a year and ideally additional time to attend performances and other events. Times and dates for meeting will be scheduled once the group has been appointed.
We are not looking for anyone with specific experience, but an interest in arts and cultural activities (theatre, music, dance, poetry, art or whatever that means to you) would be useful.
What You Get in Return:
- You will learn about how an arts organisation works and share your opinions and ideas on our plans – this might include ideas on programming, support for artists, engagement with younger audiences or suggestions for outreach work.
- You’ll meet other young people who are interested in the arts as well as lots of artists, creatives and people working at all levels of the industry.
- You will have the chance to have your voice heard and help shape the future of Kala Sangam.
- You will get to see performances for free, experience new activities and visit other venues.
- You will gain valuable extra curriculum experience to help boost your CV or university applications.
- You will be able to ask people working in the arts and cultural sector for careers advice and support.
- Your travel and other expenses will be covered.