Youth Development Programme 2023
We aim to deliver a mentoring programme to a select number of participants to allow for deeper conversation, support and unique opportunities.
Mentoring programme aims:
- Improve access, education and progression opportunities for the next generation of black theatre talent.
- Provide young people with insight into theatre and the breadth of career opportunities available within the industry.
- Age specific guidance in three groups: 12-15 years, 16-18 years and 19-21 years, with mentors to provide ongoing support for young people to navigate their education and/or career.
- Black British Theatre history
- Contemporary jazz workshop
- Acting through song masterclass
- Lighting & sound workshop
- Costume & set design workshop
- Industry panel Q&A
- Young black people aged 10-21 years old
- Living in the UK
- Interested in the world of theatre
- No previous theatre studies or performing arts experience required
- About to engage or currently engaged in theatre studies