£2k awards to support 35 pairings of independent early-career artists, curators and producers from across artforms to connect, develop their practice and generate new ideas together.
Jerwood Arts launches a new fund offering awards of £2,000 to support 35 pairings of independent early-career artists, curators and producers from across disciplines to connect, develop their practice and generate new ideas.
The 1:1 FUND offers awards for two early-career practitioners working in literature, music, performing, visual and contemporary arts to strengthen existing or start new collaborations after the isolating impact of Covid-19. It will benefit 70-80 individuals in total working together collaboratively.
Application is free. Deadline is 12pm, Monday 4 October. Full guidance and the application form are available here: https://jerwoodarts.org/2021/09/07/announcing-the-11-fund/
- The 1:1 FUND offers £2,000 for two early-career practitioners (artists, curators and producers) who want to work together.
- You can have worked together previously or you can be working together for the first time.
- Both practitioners must have at least two years professional experience and self-define as being early in their careers.
- Applications must explore a new idea. The fund is designed for learning and development, and should not be used as match funding for existing projects.
- Funded activity should take place between November 2021-March 2022.
- We anticipate making around 35 awards.
- Each individual can be named in one application only. This is so each applicant has an equal chance of being selected by the random number generator.
- We will not provide feedback on your application as it will be part of a random selection process and checked for eligibility only. You can request to know if your application was eligible.
- There is up to £300 additional funding available if your application is selected and you require support with additional costs such as access, wellbeing, caring or safety.