Acting: The Process
We know how difficult and expensive the process of applying for drama school can be so we want to help by giving you the support you need so you can go into your auditions feeling prepared, confident and without any worry of financial strain.
Open Door is an 8 month part time intensive course designed to give you what you need to take the next step in your career. Open Door work with people aged between 18-25, based in London or the East Midlands who are serious about pursuing a career in either Acting, Backstage or Production Arts but may need a little help in getting there. And it’s all free!
Successful Acting applicants will receive:
- Fifteen hours of one to one acting tutoring sessions from experienced industry professionals. Helping to get your speeches where they need to be
- Musical tutoring for any singing stages of your auditions
- Seven free auditions at the UK's leading drama schools including; RADA, LAMDA, Guildhall, Drama Centre, Royal Welsh College, Central School of Speech & Drama and The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- Places in our series of bespoke workshops led by top industry professionals
- Free theatre trips followed by discussions
- Bursary and funding advice.
In order to apply for Open Door, you will need to:
- Be based in London, Essex, Sheffield, Rotherham or East Midlands
- Have an annual family household income of £30,000 or less
- Be aged 18-26
- Not currently hold a degree
- Have a commitment to acting as a career goal
- Not studying on a foundation course during the 2019-2020 academic year
- Intend to apply for a BA (hons) acting for the 2020 academic year
- U.K citizen or have lived in the U.K long enough to be eligible for U.K student finance.