Grants for Individual Artists
The Aziz Foundation’s Grants for Individual Artists aims to provide financial support to artists from any discipline and give them greater freedom to work independently of a formal organisation. The aim is to support artists from or working with disadvantaged communities to tell their own narratives to create, display and perform their art, especially when their art will bring disadvantaged communities together.
After an open call for applications, the grants will be awarded to individual art makers with innovative ideas that can:
- Enable disadvantaged communities to take ownership of their own narrative.
- Strengthen the representation and voice of disadvantaged communities in wider society.
- Applicants can apply for up to £5,000
Priority will be given to emerging and established artists who have a track record of excellent project management as well as artistic vision and skill.
The money may be used to fund all or part of a project, or for your own artistic development. However, it may not be used for any activity which has already been completed.
To be eligible to apply, you must be:
- Resident in the UK.
- Aged 18+
- Working on an artistic project or working on your own artistic development.
- Working with at least one of the Aziz Foundation’s target disadvantaged communities (Muslim communities, Black British communities, Gypsy, Roma & Traveller communities or White working class communities).
- Able to demonstrate a successful track record of working with creative partners and audiences.