Radical Social Awards
The 2022 Radical Social Awards are now open! If you are aged 16–25, you can apply for an Award of £500 - £1,500 to start up new ideas that make a difference in your community!
The Leap Radical Social Awards are for young Creative Entrepreneurs who are motivated to use their time, energy and ideas to tackle social issues in communities through arts and creativity.
For example, your creative ideas might…
- Bring underused or disused spaces back to life for use as arts and cultural spaces.
- Help others improve their skills and employment opportunities.
- Reduce isolation for older people.
- Involve refugee and asylum seeker communities in community life.
- Make and sell creative products or services that benefit others and can make a profit.
- Connect people who face issues or inequality.
Successful applicants will receive £500 – £1,500 project funding either directly to you directly, your carer, or youth worker. You will also receive additional practical support from The Leap to help you with your project.
We want young people to be at the forefront of their project. This means you will take a lead on the application process, delivery of your project and reporting back on the outcomes and your progress. All Awards will be assessed and selected by a panel of young people.
We will be holding an online Q&A session to answer all of your application enquiries on:
12pm noon, Friday 17th June 2022.
6pm, Wednesday 6th July 2022.