Record and Release Fund
Support towards creating your next release and getting your music out into the world...
Help Musicians can support you to create new music and share it with the world. Whether it’s studio time, mastering, or promotion around a release, we can help you to record and release your music.
This support focuses not only on your music creation, but on your wellbeing and long-term business development.
- up to £3,000 in financial support towards creative output
- one-to-one business advice sessions tailored to your needs and delivered via experienced music industry professionals
- personal health consultation with British Association for Performing Arts Medicine (BAPAM), covering all aspects of your physical and mental health, with specialist referrals where required
This support is for professional UK musicians of all genres and disciplines, with a focus on independent music creators who are controlling one or more aspects of their career.
You can be a solo artist, composer, group member, songwriter, producer or a multidisciplinary artist.
To apply, you must:
- Deliver your supported activities within 12 months of accepting the grant. Please note, your activity should not start any earlier than three months from the submission of your application
- Be aged over 18
- Be in financial need without significant backing (i.e. not receiving significant financial backing from a label, publisher or private investor, and not having £16,000+ in savings)
- Have control over one or more aspects of your career (e.g. self-managing, self-releasing or self-producing)
- Already have an active career and be able to clearly demonstrate your work to date
- Have the right to live and work in the UK