Scholarship - Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama MA in Musical Theatre
The Andrew Lloyd Webber Foundation Scholarship will be awarded by the College as part of the audition/selection process on the combined basis of merit and financial need. The Scholarship will cover course fees only and will be reviewed on an annual basis.
Please note that applications made directly to The Andrew Lloyd Webber Foundation will not be considered.
One year full time programme.
• One-to-one singing lessons and repertoire coaching.
• Regular acting skills classes with tutors from RWCMD’s well established acting programmes working with improvisation, character, relationships and text.
• RWCMD’s well-established acting programmes working with improvisation, character, relationships and text.
• Vocal skills classes focusing on physical techniques for performance as well as vocal physiology, dialect and accents.
• Classes in dance skills including ballet, jazz and tap, and the effective use of movement in theatrical communication.
• Practical sessions on audition technique in preparation for professional stage and television auditions.
• Showcase presentations in Cardiff and London to an invited audience of agents, casting directors and potential employers.
• Roles in public performances including at least one cabaret and one fully staged production.
Minimum entry requirements may include an undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification. The College is able to consider applications from people without formal qualifications if they have an exceptional level of ability, practical experience, and have been working professionally within the musical theatre industry for at least two years.