Sustaining Careers Grants
Musicians facing a severe financial crisis can apply to Help Musicians for a grant.
To determine this we consider a number of factors provided by the Common Financial Statement (CFS) — a calculation against these factors will illustrate if and how we can support you. We consider those with a monthly shortfall of £500 as being in severe crisis.
The amount received will vary depending on your financial situation, and we will not be able to cover your full monthly shortfall.
The majority of one-off financial payments are likely to be in the region of £500 — £750 per person.
We may be able to help you if you are one or more of the following:
- A working professional* musician (including performers and composers)
- Retired and your principal career was in music
- A music therapist, sound engineer, luthier or piano tuner
- In some circumstances we can help if you are a dependant or partner of a musician
We are not able to offer help to amateur musicians or people whose paid musical work is secondary to another career.
* you earn 50% or more of your income as a musician