Acting BA (Hons)
Train to be a professional actor and set yourself apart by working with experts from the University and Theatre Royal Plymouth, one of the UK’s largest regional theatres. Become part of a tight-knit community and tread the boards with local, national and international actors and renowned theatre companies. Learn by doing and build your acting portfolio, fully supported by a dedicated team of academics. See the impact performance can have on addressing pressing social issues and effecting change.
- Professional drama training. Approved by Equity and Spotlight.
- Train with Theatre Royal Plymouth professionals.
- Showcase. Perform in five productions, including a Final Year industry showcase at Theatre Royal Plymouth.
- Placements. Access to our dedicated Placements Officer and Theatre Royal Plymouth's professionals, placements, internships and volunteering opportunities. 154 placements this year for directors, producers, practitioners and performers including with paid placements with Jermyn Street Theatre (West End), Kneehigh and at Theatre Royal Plymouth.
- Facilities. Rehearse and train in world-class and fully accessible award-winning theatre and studio space. Access all areas of theatre with our dedicated Tech team.
- Your degree will be taught by passionate people with experience from a wide range of academic and industry backgrounds who are driving real change in their fields.