Acting BA (Hons)
This highly vocational programme is designed to provide you with the skills needed to become a successful professional actor for the stage, screen and recorded media. Acting is a demanding programme that aims to produce an artist who is physically and vocally flexible, and intellectually alive and curious. Over three years, you will work in a variety of genres and repertoires from classical to contemporary.
Alongside the core disciplines of voice, movement and acting techniques, you will develop a range of creative and transferable skills that will encourage you to become an independent thinker and motivated artist; an articulate and reflective practitioner equipped to succeed in an increasingly competitive profession.
Our graduates have gone on to work with Britain’s National Theatre, The Royal Shakespeare Company, regional theatres and commercial theatres (including the West End), the BBC and other film and television companies, including Hollywood careers.
• Lake Bell (What Happens in Vegas, No Strings Attached)
• Ray Fearon (Fleabag, Coronation Street, Macbeth)
• Bally Gill (Romeo and Juliet, Royal Shakespeare Company)
• Maddy Hill (Imogen, EastEnders)
• Gary Oldman (Darkest Hour, Tinker, Tailor,Soldier, Spy, Paranoia)
• Hayley Squires (I, Daniel Blake)