The Acting Diploma is a part-time, evening and weekend course (January to August) that develops acting, voice and movement skills.
This course is designed to act as a springboard for those wishing to undertake actor or performance training. The course develops your skills as an actor with specific classes on improvisation, text analysis, voice, movement, devising, and character development. All teaching staff are theatre professionals and work within the drama school sector as well as the industry. In the final summer term, you will rehearse and perform in one of Central’s fully equipped theatres. Please note that this is not an agents’ showcase.
In line with the ethos of our full-time courses, full attendance is expected of all modules as well as the Intensive Weeks.
Who is this course suitable for?
- Anyone who would like to pursue their acting skills and knowledge whilst still being able to work during the day
- Those who work in an allied area (e.g. arts management/administration, education and outreach) and wish to gain a more practical experience
- Anyone who would like to gain confidence and enhance communication skills
- Anyone considering studying acting at BA or MA level and would like experience within a drama school
- Anyone who enjoys acting and would like a practical experience in a professional environment
As the course grows, our graduates’ destinations become increasingly exciting. Students from our Diploma courses have won places on:
- BA and MA Acting courses here at Central
- Rose Bruford
- East 15
- Arts Educational
- other leading universities.
Students have also gone on to perform at The Royal Court, The Bush Theatre, and BBC, amongst others.