BA (Hons) Acting
University of Plymouth and Theatre Royal Plymouth have joined forces to launch Plymouth Conservatoire. Here, performing arts students – actors, dancers, and theatre-makers - will have the very best, up-to-date industry expertise, research and teaching practice as well as unrivalled access to professional opportunities.
It is the only Conservatoire in the UK where students can benefit from the unique mix of expertise on offer when a theatre and a university combine.
Enjoying training in the theatre with performing arts practitioners hand-in-hand with top quality teaching from higher education specialists in a university, Plymouth Conservatoire students get the best of both worlds.
It is this winning combination that drives innovation, the exchange of ideas and best practice and that helps students to gain that all-important creative edge.
Building career portfolios while studying
Plymouth Conservatoire’s performing arts students are encouraged to have the highest aspirations. The University of Plymouth has well established partnerships in the city, and with schools and colleges, as well as with experienced mentors at the Theatre Royal Plymouth.
These partners provide students with work opportunities so that, as new graduates, they have career portfolios that facilitate their entry into the workplace.
Train to be a professional actor with the Theatre Royal Plymouth and University of Plymouth and benefit from a unique partnership. Our vocational course provides professional standard training, offering you key skills and industry expertise. You’ll be taught in The House, our stunning new theatre, where you’ll learn to make and promote your own performances, equipping you for a career in today’s diverse theatre industry.
• Gain professional experience with a course delivered in partnership with the prestigious Theatre Royal Plymouth. You’ll benefit from joint teaching and access to the production of new work at the Theatre Royal Plymouth.
• Enhance your employability with a vocational course providing professional training standards.
• Create your own works and perform in purpose-built theatre and studio spaces in The House, our stunning, new performing arts facility where you’ll mix with other music, dance and theatre students.
• Access industry expertise with the Theatre Royal Plymouth's creative staff, and network with professionals and prospective employers through training and workshops. You’ll be able to apply for volunteering professional opportunities, such as the Theatre Royal Plymouth's Assistant Practitioner scheme.
• Benefit from highly practical teaching and master acting skills for both stage and recorded media.