BA (Hons) Actor Musician
There is an increasing demand in professional theatre for practitioners who have the versatility to combine top-level skills in acting with professional musicianship. Contemporary theatre practice incorporates multiple disciplines, performers are required to ‘act’ in the traditional sense, but increasingly, to also play instruments. This is a new course subject to validation.
The BA (Hons) Actor Musician programme offers distinctive and practical dual training for actors who have musical skills and musicians who have acting skills. The programme aims are:
- create employable graduates who combine such dual skills to the highest level;
- provide an integrated approach within a vocational creative environment in pursuit of a sustainable career within the performance and entertainment industries;
- create professionals who appreciate and understand the creative and aesthetic skills associated with contemporary performance;
- offer a unique, exciting and demanding training in professional acting and musicianship.
- Minimum 64 UCAS tariff points from A Levels or a Level 3 Diploma in a related subject. GCSE Grade C or above in English Language (or equivalent qualification) is required.
- Those with previous experience or learning that is relevant may be eligible via our APL process for accreditation towards this course.
- All applicants must complete a satisfactory interview.
- All applicants are also required to audition consisting of an interview, a two-minute contemporary or classical theatre monologue and perform a piece as a vocalist or/and an instrument.