BA (Hons) Costume Design and Construction
On this highly respected BA/BA (Hons) in Costume Design and Construction course you will learn how to research, design and construct costumes for performers of many kinds.
At the heart of the vocational course are the professional practice modules where you will work as part of a team delivering the costumes for a series of live projects working in collaboration with partner organisations and companies.
You will graduate with the competence, understanding and experience that employers in this creative field are looking for.
- Covering many aspects of costume design and construction: This course teaches costume design, period costume construction and practical wardrobe supervision and management in parallel.
- Professional links: We have very close links with employers in the theatre, TV and film industry.
- Hands-on learning experiences: Discover your vocation through working on live, audience-facing projects.
- Showcase your work: See your work celebrated in our students’ annual runway show.
- Ranked highly in the UK: QMU is ranked in the top 12 amongst UK universities for Drama and Dance (Guardian University Guide 2023) and we are in the top 2 Scottish higher education institutions for overall satisfaction for courses in Drama. (National Student Survey 2023).
Watch the Acting and Performing Showreel 2022 (Costume Construction and Design students work on these productions)!