BA (Hons) Theatre Design
BA Theatre Design at Wimbledon College of Arts focuses on set and costume design. The course also introduces you to other areas of design for performance such as video projection, lighting and sound design.
The BA Theatre Design course focuses primarily on set and costume design for live performance but also covers sound, lighting and video projection design. Students are encouraged to be proactive and to develop their own focus within these core design areas.
As well as having a range of practical skills, theatre designers must be good communicators and collaborators. They must be enterprising, curious and agile problem solvers.
The rich mix of practice and theory on the BA Theatre Design course ensures that experimentation and critical thinking are equally valued. Students are given the tools to enable them to make considered design decisions in relation to text, music and the core themes and concepts of live performance.
The standard minimum entry requirements for this course are one or a combination of the following qualifications:
- Pass at Foundation Diploma in Art and Design (Level 3 or 4)
- 2 A Levels at grade C or above
- Merit, Pass, Pass (MPP) at BTEC Extended Diploma
- Pass at UAL Extended Diploma
- Access to Higher Education Diploma
- Or equivalent EU/International qualifications, such as International Baccalaureate Diploma at 24 points minimum
- And 3 GCSE passes at grade 4 or above (grade A*-C)
Entry to this course will also be determined by the quality of your application, looking primarily at your portfolio of work, personal statement and reference.