Digital Content Design for Theatre and Live Events BA (Hons)
Reasons to study Digital Content Design for Theatre and Live Events:
• Develop the creative and technical skills you need to become a video designer for theatre and live events.
• Work in fully-equipped theatres and studios along with other disciplines in a collaborative and professional working environment.
• Learn to operate media servers, cameras, projectors, control desks, motion capture equipment, work with virtual reality and green screens to create professional-level content for performances and events.
• Learn advanced 2D and 3D computer generated imagery techniques, including: animation, 3D modelling, texturing, lighting, VFX and rendering, using industry standard software such as Maya, Cinema 4D, After Effects and Photoshop.
• Integrate into the industry through our network of professional relationships. All students have placement opportunities to prepare you for work. For example, you may spend part of your training on a placement at a studio working on professional productions.
Our graduates are trained to work as video designers and operators in the theatre and live events industry, where there is currently a skills shortage. For example you may work in design studios, delivering content for national theatres and opera houses, West End and Broadway productions, and shows and large concerts and festivals, live TV shows or corporate events.
You may also be interested in:
Creative Lighting Control, BA (Hons)
Virtual Theatre and Digital Experiences, BA (Hons)
“This course is something we’ve been asking for from the training industry as a whole. We’re really excited to see how we can work with the course and its graduates.” Finn Ross, Founder and Creative Director, FRAY Video Design