Interactive Technologies BSc (Hons)
Interactive technologies such as touchscreen and smart devices, face and voice recognition systems, and virtual and alternative reality applications (VR/AR) are becoming more embedded in our everyday lives. Become the architect of these applications and experiences on our Interactive Technologies degree course.
You’ll learn how to develop online and offline digital projects and code innovative, interactive content for marketing and data-sharing purposes – ranging from websites to mobile applications to AR, VR, and wearables. You’ll also study how emerging technologies, such as artificial intelligence (AI), the Internet of Things (IoT), and experimental reality (XR), are transforming the way we interact with technology.
This course can prepare you for entrepreneurship if you want to start your own business, or learn about industry from the inside by going on a placement. Our strong industry focus ensures your technologies, techniques and competencies are always up-to-date.
After this course, you'll transform into a skilled interactive designer and developer capable of working across all sectors adopting interactive technologies.
- Excel in your understanding of the development, integration, and management of digital media products by creating a wide range of digital outputs
- Diversify your technical and design skills with our vibrant mix of user experience design and technical programming
- Gain valuable professional experience working with real clients and live project briefs
- Get a taste of industry by going on an optional placement
- Utilise industry-standard tools and techniques, including Adobe Creative Suite, to design and produce interactive digital applications
- Demonstrate your technical expertise to potential employers by becoming an Adobe Certified Professional (ACP)
- Specialise in an area of your interest by choosing modules from second year