HNC Acting and Performance
The course gives you the opportunity to devise and perform a variety of pieces in different professional environments, including a community production tour at Christmas and a summer show in our newly renovated campus theatre.
You will be taught by staff who are industry experienced and robust in their knowledge of theatre and performance skills. This will enable you to hone your performance technique and aid you in reaching your maximum potential. All of your productions will be supported by our Technical Theatre course crews, to give you a truly professional experience.
Here’s more on what you’ll be doing:
- You will develop your vocal skills to aid with diction, vocal clarity, tone and projection.
- You will develop your movement skills providing you with an awareness of physicality for characterisation.
- You will develop knowledge and understanding of a touring theatre production company by engaging in a community drama project.
- You will create and perform your own Site Specific and/or Street theatre performance and perform in a location of your choice.
- You will develop acting skills for production, from researching a text, to rehearsing techniques and performing a full length production to an audience.
- You will be introduced to singing for an actor and develop your singing skills and technique.
- You will have the opportunity to create and lead your own workshop in a Community based setting. You will be given the opportunity to work with a range of groups, including children, young people and adults.
- You will be mentored in the creation of a professional online profile and introduced to external practitioners.