HND Acting and Performance
This redesigned course builds on the HNC, further developing your acting skills and giving you the opportunity to perform in two large scale productions at professional venues with designated Tech crews. As part of the updating of this course, we are introducing a new Work Placement unit allowing you to apply your skills in a professional setting. You’ll also devise your own pieces and perform them to audiences in professional environments.
We’ll do everything we can to get you ready for the industry, including arranging professional head shots for your CV/biography, and helping you prepare for auditions.
Here’s more on what you’ll be doing:
- You’ll focus on acting, voice and movement, developing your skills and techniques to a high level.
- You’ll expand your production skills, and research, rehearse and perform a role in different styles of plays.
- You’ll explore different theatre styles, including historical context, social or political functions, staging, costume and acting conventions.
- You’ll look at devising theatre, including how scripts are created for live theatre and will prepare a piece of original theatre as part of a group.
- You’ll develop your directing skills.
- You’ll focus on professional development for actors and the knowledge and skills you’ll need for working in the industry. This includes areas for employment, methods of self-promotion, taxation requirements, representation and professional bodies.